Why do we Collect your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data for the following purposes:
● To send you communications or documents you have indicated you wish to receive (such
as offers, demonstrations, whitepapers, newsletters, marketing materials);
● To call you to ask you if you have any questions about the products or information that
you have requested from us;
● To communicate with you via email, telephone, text (SMS), postal services, social media
and websites regarding Lightspeed-related news and inform you about products or
services that may be of interest to you, if you allow us to do so;
● To respond to your questions or requests for additional information;
● To set up a trial or regular account for our services;
● To provide our services to you;
● To manage our customer relationship with you and to provide you with customer support;
● To process payments to us;
● To get a better understanding on how you browse our Websites so that we can optimize
● To research and analyze your use of or interest in our services and those products and
services offered by others;
● To analyze the effectiveness of our services;
● To help you find the most relevant information by customizing our services to optimize
● To verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and
Do we Sell your Personal Data?
Quincy, along with our online platform partner, Lightspeed, does not sell Personal Data within the meaning of applicable laws. However, Lightspeed may sell non-personally identifiable information that has been derived from aggregated and anonymized data.
How do we Protect your Personal Data?
We treat your Personal Data as private, confidential information and we strive to ensure that Personal Data under our control, regardless of format, is protected and kept secure at all times. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or of storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot absolutely guarantee the protection of any information shared with us. In the event of an unauthorized loss or disclosure of Personal Data, Visitors, Subscribers and End-Users may be subject to a risk of harm resulting from such loss or disclosure. Depending on various factors, such as the type and amount of Personal Data disclosed, individuals may be affected by changes to their credit bureau, financial situation, or may be victims of identity theft, to name a few consequences. In such case, Lightspeed will comply with applicable laws concerning data incident notification requirements and will endeavor to mitigate any risks of residual harm to the affected individuals.
A. Location of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be stored on servers located in a country other than where you reside or do business. Please refer to our Data Processing Agreement for a list of our sub-processors by location. Personal Data is subject to the local laws of the jurisdictions within which it is collected, used, disclosed and/or stored, and may be accessed by governmental authorities and law enforcement agencies in those jurisdictions. When the data concerns Personal Data of data subjects from the EEA, we will provide for an adequate level of protection of this data.
B. Retention of Personal Data
We will delete your Personal Data in accordance with and upon receipt of written instructions from you to this effect, unless we are legally required to keep it. You may choose to do this in the event you terminate your agreement for the Services. If deletion is not possible, we will anonymize it in a way that it cannot be reversed. If anonymizing is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have any specific questions about the use of your personal data, please reach out!